Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

An Interview with Love Inspired Author Jane Choate


Today I'm happy to introduce you to my writing colleague and friend Jane M. Choate. Jane is a prolific writer, including short stories, children's stories, a contributing author to a number of magazines and her series of Christian romantic suspense books written for Love Inspired Suspense. 

Jane dreamed of writing from the time she was a small child when she entertained friends with outlandish stories, complete with happy endings. Writing for Love Inspired Suspense is a dream come true. Jane is the proud mother of five children, seven grandchildren, and the staff to one cat who believes she is of royal descent.

Today, Jane talks about her newest book in her Love Inspired Suspense series, The Littlest Witness, released January 1, 2016.

1. What is the genre of your book? How did you choose the genre? My genre is Christian romantic suspense.  I don’t know if I chose it or if it chose me.  It seemed to “fit.”

2. How is your protagonist the same/different from you? My heroine is devoted to her brother. In that respect, she is the same as me as I am devoted to my family. She is far different from me, though, in that she is a former Secret Service agent, can strip down a weapon in under a minute, and knows several different ways to disable (or kill) an opponent!  

3. Tell us something about yourself that we might not expect? The biggie here, of course, is that I’ve had a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) taken out against me.  (In my defense, this was entirely justified!)  For a mild-mannered Mormon mother/grandmother, this may be unexpected. Other things: I love action adventure movies and told my family that I want the theme from DELTA FORCE played at my funeral.

4. What secret about the book will enhance our knowledge about you or the book? The book deals with, among other things, betrayal. Loyalty is a large part of my makeup, so using betrayal as part of the book caused me to tap into my deepest feelings.

5. What made you want to be a writer in the first place? I have always loved telling stories. I used to make up stories for friends when I was in school. Writing is a natural extension of that.

Blurb: 

When Delta Force soldier Caleb Judd’s brother and sister-in-law are murdered, the killers turn their attention to his orphaned nephew. Caleb’s new mission: protect little Tommy—who hasn’t said a word since witnessing his parents’ deaths—and figure out who’s targeting his family. He needs help, and security expert Shelley Rabb is perfect for the job. But Caleb’s used to calling the shots, not taking orders, even when they come from a beautiful former Secret Service Agent.

Availability:

Jane M. Choate's books can be found on www.amazon.com and wherever Love Inspired books are sold. 

5 comments:

  1. This is a great interview and always fun to hear more about my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to giggle at the theme from Delta Force playing at a funeral. The book sounds like a winner. I'm excited to read it. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with Marilyn about Delta Force! Jane is truly a great writer, tapping into deep emotions and building a solid plot with twists and turns. I can't wait to read this, I start this weekend. And I bet I don't put it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still laugh at the thought of you with a TRO, Jane. Marilyn and LA, you're in for a treat when you read TLW. It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also looking forward to reading Jane's book. Sounds truly awesome. Thanks for the interview, Jane!

    ReplyDelete